Friday, January 13, 2012

                 New Year's Resolution
A few hours before the calendar changes to 2012 and we enter in a brand new year and open a blank white page; I was walking around thinking about the past twelve months that flew by so quickly.  As I watched the sun set I stopped and looked at it, here I was reflecting on the year that has gone by. Thinking back drew a smile on my face because of all the amazing moments I had. I flashed back the new people I’ve met, all the memories that will always remain in my heart and more. Not everything was perfect this past year and there are many things I’ve done that I regret deeply. But that’s a circle of life, people learn from their mistakes. The best thing about New Year is the word “New”. Every person on Earth enters this brand new world filled with mystery of "how this year’s going to be like". New Year is a time when many people around the world make promises, it’s the times we open ourselves up to great adventures and stop the hunting feeling of getting hurt. Also it’s all about second chances, a chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about what if and start embracing what would be. I took a deep breath and decided to take a piece of paper and write every single thing I want to change about myself and the things that I WILL ACHIEVE.

I’ve always had self-confidence, but even though I’m always tentative and afraid of making decisions. I decided that the minute that clock strikes twelve I’ll change a lot of things about myself. I’ll think of myself as bulletproof, I’ll let go from my insecurities and stop worrying too much. I won’t second guess myself and won’t be afraid from consequences. Also I'll stop being oversensitive and i won’t take everything personally as I used to. I’ll forgive more and try as much as I can to condone easily. I will wipe negative "self-talk" out of my vocabulary. I’m going to try my best not to repeat the same mistakes I’ve done in 2011 and get rid of all my bad habits and attitude.

Every man should be born again on the first day of January of each year. So on that date we will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called “Opportunity To A New Start”. And its first chapter is called “Introduction To A New Me”. It’s a new year, a new start, another chance to get it right and start all over something new that might change your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment